If you are not a passport holder from Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, and Laos, then you must have a visa to enter Myanmar. For countries that have Myanmar embassy, visa application is quite easy. For those states that do not have one, an eTa visa is the only way out.
Myanmar online e-visa is specially designed to make the application process of visitors from countries that do not have Myanmar embassy or consulates secure.
How much does it cost for an eTA visa Myanmar?
Visa Processing Fees
A single entry tourist e-visa typically costs around 89 EUR. The processing takes three business days, but this depends on the country you are applying from. On most occasions, Myanmar Visa validity ranges from one to three months. So when applying, better be specific the length of time, you plan on spending in the country. Due to complications resulting from overstay and the expensive extension costs, apply for your e-visa when you are ready.
They are valid for 28 days. Visitors can extend their stay for 14 days by paying US $3 per day in addition to one-off $3 administration fee. Visitors are advised to have correct change with them at their departure point. Also, booking travel and accommodation might be difficult should you overstay as most service staffs do not know of overstay allowances.
Entry and exit for eTa Visa holders
E-Visa holders are allowed to enter Myanmar through three main international airports; Mandalay, Yangon, and Nay Pyi Taw. Overland travel to Myanmar is possible at the Thai-Myanmar border points at Ranong/Kawthaung, Mae Sot/Mywaddy, and Mae Sai/Tachileik.
There are no land entry points for E-visa holders from other Thai-Myanmar entry, China, or India. The delicate political situations restrict land entry and exit points hence if possible fly for a less hassled up process. There are no sea entry points for E-visa holders.
You must have the following requirements:
- A passport that is valid for at least six (6) months.
- A recent (taken during the last three months) and colored photo of 4.8 cm X 3.8 cm
- Visa, American Express, Master, or JCB credits cards to pay for the USD 50.00 Notice to tourists.
- E. visa is not refundable. Should you fail to visit Myanmar, or should your visa expire, your e.visa is non-refundable.
- The eVisa is for a single entry. To re-enter, you must process a new visa.
- No entry is allowed for guests whose eVisa have expired.
- Payment of Visa fees is through Money Order. Credit cards, personal checks, or cash are not accepted.
For information on E-visa Myanmar visit the following links.