The process of applying for any visa can be a long and stressful one but applying for Visa eTA to Canada is straight forward. The majority of people who apply for their eTA visa approved via email within a couple minutes but, some Visa request can take a couple days in order to be processed if additional supporting documents are requested. It is highly recommended to get your eTA before any flights to Canada are booked.
Visa eTA application process
Although it is a straightforward process, most people fear their application being rejected when they apply or just don’t know how to begin. If that is the case, it is advised to hire an immigration specialist who will walk you through the steps on how to apply for Visa eTA to Canada successfully.
There are a number of steps which must be followed to ensure that your application does not get rejected and these are:
- Have a valid passport from a visa exempt country ready preferably one that does not have less than 6 months left. Also, have your debit or credit card ready so that you can make a payment for the application easily.
- The next step is to go online and fill in the online form. Applicants need to have all their information ready because the form cannot be saved.
Once the form is fully filled with all the necessary information, it is time to grab your credit or debit card and pay the $7 CAD fee.
- After paying the fee, you will get an email which will confirm your eTA application and payment. This needs to be kept safely for your records.
- While this last step does not apply to everyone, you may be required to submit extra documents to back up your application before it gets approves. When this happens and additional documents are needed, an email will be sent to you within 72 hours with a set of instruction which must be followed to avoid further delays.
Important information to know
- If there is more than one applicant e.g. a family of four then four forms need to be completed and paid for separately.
- Receipts need to be printed and kept straight away because you will not receive copies later on.
- Since application forms are made online, the only way you hear back from them is through email. Always check your junk mail sometimes just in case.
- Lastly, information cannot be saved and you have a small amount of time to finish your application before the timeout warning pops up. Always remain active to stop it from closing you out.